e-Document for Turkey
In Turkey, e-invoicing is legally binding for certain companies, depending on their annual revenues and sectors of activity. To adopt e-invoicing, taxpayers should register with the Turkish Revenue Administration (TRA) first. The sending and receipt of e-invoices and messages between the sender and recipient must be done through e-invoicing web portal hosted by the TRA. For companies with sufficient IT capabilities, they can integrate their IT systems with authorized e-invoicing service providers in Turkey, for example, Melasoft, who then serve as the bridge between these companies and the TRA. On behalf of these companies, e-invoicing service providers communicate with the TRA.
With the Turkey version of the eDocument solution, you can create e-invoices in legally required UBL-TR XML format and transfer them to recipients via an e-invoicing service provider and the TRA. When you create invoices in the Sales and Distribution (SD) or Financial Accounting (FI) component, or invoices for returns in the Material Management (MM) component, eDocuments are created automatically for the invoices. E-invoices in UBL-TR XML format are generated based on the eDocuments and then transferred to the recipients via an e-invoicing service provider and the TRA.
Furthermore, you can receive e-invoices and view them in HTML format in the system.
The Turkey version of the e-Document solution supports the full solution variant. The full solution variant contains the integration with SD, MM, and FI and e-Document creation is enabled for invoices from all these components. It covers the entire process of generating and transmitting e-invoices and the incoming and outgoing invoice scenario. For the basic solution, eDocument creation is enabled for invoices from SD, FI, and MM, however, you must develop your own solution for the following steps:
- Generating and transmitting e-invoices in XML format
- Getting incoming messages for further processing
Scenarios and Processes
You can use this solution in the following e-invoicing scenarios in Turkey:
- Standard e-invoicing scenarios (business-to-business scenarios, where both parties use the e-invoicing service):
- Basic scenario: The basic scenario ends at the time when the recipient receives the e-invoice successfully.For this scenario, the eDocument solution for Turkey offers the Turkey Basic eInvoice process (for outgoing invoices) and Turkey Incoming Basic eInvoice process (for incoming invoices).
- Commercial scenario: The commercial scenario ends at the time when the recipient accepts or rejects the e-invoice.For this scenario, the eDocument solution for Turkey offers the Turkey Commercial eInvoice process (for outgoing invoices) and Turkey Incoming Comm. e-Invoice process (for incoming invoices).
- Consumer e-invoicing scenario (business-to-customer scenario, where the receiver does not use the e-invoicing service): In this scenario, a consumer e-invoice is automatically generated when the customer to whom the invoice is issued is not using the e-invoicing service and is not registered with the e-invoicing service provider (Melasoft).For this scenario, the eDocument solution for Turkey offers the Turkey Consumer e-Invoice process.
Automatic Identification of Customers and Vendors Who Are E-Invoice Users
In using e-invoicing, you should know to which customers and vendors you should send e-invoices rather than consumer or paper invoices. You can enable the system to identify those of your customers and vendors who are e-invoice users registered with the TRA.